Thursday, September 24, 2009

Robotic Destruction


For this project, I had to construct a 4x4x4 cube with an open end, using white bristol board, articulating the edges. I then had to create a structure made from plastic drinking straws that place the cube 4 inches above an 8 inch base.

My concept for the project is to convey an idea of robotic machinery destroying a city. I came up with the idea when we were told to first create the cube with some form of distinct edges. I cut strips on two opposite sides of the cube, then bent them in a jagged, somewhat claw-like form. This then directed me toward my concept. My idea with the straws is to make it look like the robot is climbing up through the destroyed city.

1 comment:

  1. I think instead of a tied dyed background i would have gone for a black or gray to help your project stand out I think it takes away from your project.

    ReplyDelete