Sunday, September 13, 2009

Foust Building

Our assignment for this week was to sketch a pure contour of the Foust Building on campus. It was challenging because of the many details, every brick, every window has a special something about it that deserves attention. Another problem I found while drawing it was the fact that we couldn't do a lot of shading. I've found that shading is my best friend sometimes, for I am allowed to hide mistakes easier. Overall, I am pleased with my drawing, but improvements can still be made. I could have paid more attention to the detailing of every window and the two main towers.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Already off and running -- hope you are enjoying. I have a feeling I am going to learn a lot by reading your comments ... you are quite the critic ...
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete