Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ritual... Final Images

For this assignment, we were asked to create a ritual for a certain object, and make it out of wood and one other material (of your choice). My ritual was wearing and/or protecting my grandmother's ring. My first model was of a hand made out of clay cupped upwards, with a stand for the ring to sit on the palm of the hand. This hand was then placed on a wooden tray. It was suggested that I change this however, because there were not two separate objects, two separate steps, in a sense. I then decided to create another hand out of clay, this one cupped down. This way, you have to pick up the hand in order to get the ring. This also adds to the protecting aspect of my ritual. Overall, I feel that the craft of my project could have been improved.

Here are some images of my final model...

No comments:

Post a Comment