Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Diagraming Dubai






For this assignment we had to compose a series of diagrams on a certain architectural building we personally chose. My decision to choose the man-made islands of Dubai was a risky one, but I find their design appealing, their concept, fascinating. It was a challenge, however, to find the architectural documentation that was required for the assignment. I found aerial images of the islands themselves, along with plan views of the Burj hotel, which is the tallest building in the world as of now. I was also able to find a floor plan of one of the levels in the hotel. I wasn't too pleased with my overall diagram that I was able to put together, but here are the traced images and one free-hand sketch that I used for the final result.

No comments:

Post a Comment