Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Storytelling



For this assignment, we had to chose a layout from a magazine as our inspiration for a personal two-page spread. The design should describe the topic: "the first week back". I chose a layout that included both picture and text, and did a nice job of integrating the two together. I wanted to use this layout as an inspiration, but only just. I had ideas of my own, like the hand sketching the background, and I wanted to combine both my inspiration and ideas nicely. At first, the drawing was drawn in black and white. Just recently, I added watercolor to the sketch, and personally, I liked it better without color.

3 comments:

  1. Carlie.....soooo I really like you spread!
    And I actually lovvvve the color, it brings everything out so much more than with no color. The dappling around the edges is cool too. I could seriously see this in a magazine! Your hand looks really great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how everything flows together. I didn't see it without the color, but I love the color, as well. I think it helps with the flow of things. I think you did a really great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the way that the composition leads your eye across the page from left to right ending with your hand coming off the page. Very clever. I also though the use of color could not have been done any better. It does a great job accenting with out over powering the whole composition. Great job

    ReplyDelete