Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Luminescence...images of model






Here are various images of my model luminaire. My original inspiration were Northern Lights. As I was brainstorming and working on my model, I felt that creating light similar to northern lights was becoming slightly impossible. I built my structure out of black foam board and cut it with three open ends and one solid back. I also made a small structure on the inside for the light bulb to sit on it's own. I painted tissue paper using a mixture of colors such as blues, greens, pinks, purples, yellows. My goal was to create a smooth transition of colors from a deep purple to a bright yellow (as seen in an earlier image of northern lights that inspired me). As I began painting the tissue paper, I realized that it was not going to be a smooth and as fluid as I was hoping, but I ran with it, actually liking how it was coming together. I then applied the three sections of tissue paper to the three open sides. The light cast was not exactly northern lights to the eye (it had more of a water color appeal). But when placed against a white wall or backdrop, the colors cast give off the look I was going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment